Saturday, July 2, 2011
The Fiction Showdown: Commercial vs. Literary
So, what is the difference between Commercial Fiction and Literary Fiction, anyway? And which is better? Feel free to chime in with additional distinctions and your own opinion on the latter question.
Which is better? There’s no answer to that. You can snub one or the other, and stick your nose up all you want, but it boils down to personal preference. I urge everyone to try both with an open mind. Because, truly, I think we all need a little of both in our lives. I read and write mostly Commercial stuff, but I’ve been through several Literary book phases, and those stories have stuck with me. I feel intelligent and contemplative when I finish something Literary and realize I “got it”! But I feel sexy, humored, and joyful at a happy ending in a piece of Commercial Fiction.
14th -- Jennifer Galasso
16th -- Chris Bedell
22nd -- Rosanne Rivers
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (117)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (200)
- A Letter to my Disgruntled Home
- Pitch Contest with Victoria Marini
- WINNERS and NEW COVER!
- COFA Winner and Your Favorite Websites
- Me and My "Girly" Books
- Winners are grinners!
- RWA Giveaway Winner!!
- Unreliable narrators
- Agent Contest with Vickie Motter
- (Way more than) 500 followers giveaway!
- What are YOU looking for?
- Love Story: My Theme Song for YA PNR
- Elevator Pitch competition with agent Bree Ogden f...
- Tuesday Twaddle - RWA and GIVEAWAY
- Happy Fourth!
- The Fiction Showdown: Commercial vs. Literary
- ▼ July (17)