Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

I love when my blog day falls on a holiday! So for Dr. Seuss's birthday, I've made green eggs and ham:



And I've written a poem to express my feelings about this great author and his works:

Please forgive me Dr. Seuss lovers!
I cannot love what's between the covers.
I will not read them loud or proud,
I will not read them to a crowd.
I do not like stories in verse,
Rhyming makes me want to curse.

A love for books wanted seed,
And Dr. Seuss my kids all read.
So as I've aged through the years,
Happiness has filled my ears.
If cats in hats and eggs of green
Lead to kids who read as teens,
Then I will listen with a smile,
(Filled with screams all the while!)

But I honestly do admire
An author who has lit a fire
In millions of readers everywhere
And writers with their stories to share.
So for this reason I celebrate.
An author, both beloved and great.



No comments:

Post a Comment