Wednesday, March 16, 2016

2016 at the Pictures

In keeping with the book to movie theme from a couple of days ago, I wanted to check in and see how many of the YA movies of 2016 everyone has seen so far or which ones are on their to-watch list.

Here are the ones on my list:


Based on the Rick Yancey novel, The 5th Wave came out in January already. Sadly, I have yet to see this film, but I loved the book and am really looking forward to seeing the live action version. Reviews so far have been mixed with IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes ratings not looking too good. I don't pay too much to those kinds of ratings though, preferring to make up my own mind.


I'm actually not a Harry Potter fan, but this film looks spectacular! I'll definitely be watching if for nothing else than the lush cinematography. Sadly, it only releases in November so we'll have to wait patiently for this one.


A December release, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children looks terrifying and chilling and OMG that's Eva Green! If I knew nothing else about this film, knowing Eva was in it would be enough for me to want to see it. I haven't read the book yet - although I probably will before I see the film - but I know the recent promo shots from the film are causing a bit of a furor among fans who are questioning the numerous and dramatic changes from the text that appear to have been made in the film. Here's to hoping the film doesn't disappoint readers.


I am the most excited about this book to film adaptation! Very few books have ever made me cry, but this one did. When I found out it was being made into a film I was thrilled and also made sure to take out stocks in Kleenex, because I am definitely going to need them come October 14. In fact, due to the likeliness of ugly crying, I might have to wait for this one to come out on DVD so I can watch and sob at home.


And last but not least, Allegiant! The third film in the Divergent franchise releases this Friday. Oddly, I haven't seen much hype about this film in the blogosphere. I only watched Divergent and while I liked it well enough, I didn't love it, so I've been saving Insurgent for a rainy day. Will you be seeing Allegiant at the theatre this weekend?


If there are any 2016 YA film adaptations I missed, please let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment