Some thing's gotta give. If you try to juggle it all then you're going to drop the ball. On top of working and looking after my kids and husband, at the moment I'm trying to:
- Coordinate a book launch and associated writers' workshops
- Finish a short story for an anthology I've been invited to write for.
- Finish a short story for a competition.
- Undertake request manuscript revisions from potential agents.
- Turn a short story that placed in a national competition into a novel.
- Write another short story for a Christmas horror anthology.
- Finish another novel.
- Block out the voices that try to distract me with new projects when I haven't finished my old ones.
- Write my blog posts (better late than never).
|One of my writing spots with no internet access|
At work we talk a lot about work/life balance and there has to be writer/life balance too.
So - how do you make time to write? Any secret places you like to go or tips?