Friday, May 4, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything Round-Up

Hello, lovely readers! Today's post is going to have a little bit of everything--just some random tidbits that I think you might find interesting.

1. Fellow YATopia contributor, Wendy Higgins, had her debut YA released on Tuesday. It's called Sweet Evil and is one sexy and exciting book! Check out my review if you feel like it! HERE.

2. "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~ Albert Einstein

3. According to Publisher's Weekly, there are still some spaces left for the Children's Institute at BEA. They've extended the registration period. For more information, click HERE to read the article.

4. Speaking of Publisher's Weekly, there are some new job listings on their Job Zone page. HERE.

5. My cat really wants to help me write my next book. He likes to sit in my lap and try to type. Cute.

6. If you haven't joined SCBWI, you should! I'll be attending the Michigan's regional event next weekend where Laini Taylor will be a featured author! SCWBI's official website.

7. Add this picture book to your HAVE TO READ RIGHT NOW list. It doesn't come out until August, but it's amazing, so the wait will be worth it. Little Sweet Potato by Amy Beth Bloom.

8. LGBT literature is as special to me as Young Adult literature and I've been fortunate enough to be put in charge of our LGBT (adult) fiction section at work and have seen a small, but impactful increase in sales! A lot of us booknerds know how important it is to have publishers accept/publish LGBT works, so please show your support by purchasing some titles. Some of my favorite YA titles are:
9. I had the chance to hear Melissa Marr speak at the RT Convention, and one of the tips she shared for clearing your mind is to take a snorkle, fill your bath tub, and just go underwater for a bit. If you have a pool, more power to you! :-)

10. I don't have a tenth item, but I hope you all are having wonderful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment