Saturday, October 15, 2011

Writer's Doubt - Free Hugs

Is anyone else out there feeling a bit "ick" lately? Have the rejections, reviews, writer's block, insecurities, and eternal waiting gotten you down? Well, you're not alone. Being a writer, contracted or not, has its down times. Too often we doubt ours skills and our stories. It's hard to know when to scrap an idea and start over, or when to stick with it until it works. There's no exact recipe for success. It's a subjective game, and we have to go by what feels right and what doesn't.

To the outside world we appear mental. I definitely feel like they're right at times. That's why it's so important to lean on our writer friends. Only other writers and artists can truly understand the doubt that goes along with the creative mind, and trying to make a living from it.

Man Hug *pat, pat*

One-Sided Hug
So, today, I offer the only thing I can. Words and hugs. Cyber hugs, but hugs all the same. Let's not beat ourselves up. Let's lift one another up. Because we're not alone. Thanks for your support!



Hugs, Wendy

26 comments:

  1. I've already gotten doubt hugs from you this week. Your hugs works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been one of those weeks, hasn't it Sharon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the opposite week (see www.sarahbelliston.com), but I know what the other half is like. Thank the heavens there are sites like this and AgentQuery Connect and good friends to be there through both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a puppy freak. I turn to mush over puppies like other people do over babies, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one-sided hug is typically the height of awkwardness, but when it's puppies, all awkwardness is negated.
    Thanks YAtopians! Hugs to you too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I needed some cyber hugs today! It's definitely awesome to have writer friends for the times when the hubby says, "Can you talk about something else besides writing?" Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As my son would say - BIG SQUEEZY HUG OF AWESOMENESS!!!

    Having a book out is even more up and down than querying, or being on sub. Love/Hate/Love/Hate . . .

    What a happy place this is today :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES. I feel like that.
    Thank you for the encouragement. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Wendy! I've totally felt this way lately. Always good to hear i'm not alone. Our writer's community rocks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was very timely for me. Writing leaves us so open for feelings of failure. Thanks for the hugs! Without this great community, writing would suck, except for the actual writing part, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every one needs this once in awhile. Thanks, Wendy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I needed that! Some weeks are worse than others...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was very much needed! Thank you!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're all very welcome! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have wonderful weekends and get a lot of writing done. Cheers ~ xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was JUST looking at these pics the other day. This hug's for you: http://www.innocentenglish.com/cute-animals/cute-baby-kittens-puppies-img/monkey-hugging-dog-img49.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hug. I definitely need one on some days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww, Sarah, haha! That monkey looks sad himself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is exactly the way I've been feeling today, just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I needed these hugs with the self-criticism I've been experiencing lately!

    ReplyDelete