Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Running on Empty (contest)

To say it's been a crazy summer is putting it mildly. The past couple months I've gone through many highs and lows, both personally and professionally. After awhile, it starts to catch up with you.

It's doing that to me NOW. LOL.

So, if you're anything like me and you're trying to play catch-up. If you've had a ton of things going on and you just need to sit back and breathe a bit, this is the post for you.

I'm giving away an e-copy of my book, MEASURING UP to one random person who comments. To enter just leave a comment on what you do to relax and your email. This is a quickie contest and I'll draw a winner Friday evening at 6:00 PM.


Seventeen-year-old Annabel Conway is tired of the Hillcrest High School elite making her life miserable because she’s not a size two. This summer, she's hiring a personal trainer to help her lose weight.

Annabel doesn’t expect her trainer to be a gorgeous guy around her age. Boys like Tegan are jerks. They pretend to like girls like her so they can make an idiot out of them. Been there, done that. Totally not going there again. She kind of hates him on principal. Blond. Muscular. Funny. It doesn’t help that he knows her measurements!

Soon, Tegan's so much more than that. He’s the boy who teaches her to box when she has a bad day. Who jogs with her and lets her set the pace. Who kisses her until she melts. He makes her feel beautiful regardless of what the scale says. Unlike her mom, he doesn’t expect perfection, and he doesn't try to shield her from the world like her dad and best friend. Tegan likes her the way she is.

But what happens when he’s not there? He can’t always be there…

Will Annabel be able to stand on her own and learn that she already measures up? That her worth doesn’t lie in what the world thinks, the scale says, or even what Tegan tells her—but in herself?

Ready. Set. Enter :)

13 comments:

  1. I love the premise of this book. I'll add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing = movie days while making jewelry or laying in bed all day reading about three books. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read to relax :) It's just great sometimes to sit back and read for hours and hours, getting lost in a book.
    Awesome sounding summary!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added this to my TBR list too. Maybe I'll get to sit back and relax a bit now since kids are back in school. It'd be great to just spend a full day reading--not that it would probably happen, but the thought is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I love this premise and went ahead and bought the book, because I want you to have the sale! So good luck to anyone who gets a free copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this books sounds amazing! Can't wait to read. Adding to my TBR list.
    To relax, I like to read. Doesn't matter where I am, if I can read I can be a little more relaxed.
    daisykr_99 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks awesome! I read when I want to relax?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To relax I'll read or watch tv, or sometimes even do nothing at all : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an amazing book! Adding to my TBR list! To relax, I like to read, outside if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got so excited to see my name in a book. Awks 'cause it's a boy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got so excited to see my name scrolling down! haha, but awks because I'm a girl and your Tegan is a guy, haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got so excited to see my name in a book. Awks 'cause it's a boy, haha.

    ReplyDelete