Sunday, April 1, 2012

April is Aussie Author Month

Don't make me use the Force on you. Go buy an Aussie book.
Aussie Aussie Aussie! *puts hand to ear* Oi Oi Oi!

It's a war cry that nearly ever Australian knows, and will join in on. And today I call it out proud, not just to my fellow Aussies, but to everyone involved in the literary industry - writers, readers, bloggers, agents, publishers, to join in on the April activities.



Australians produce some great writers with amazing stories that are just waiting for you to read or to be discovered by the publishing industry. My hopes for April are that:

  • Bookshops have an Australian display, making Aussie authors easy to find in April.
  • Readers will buy or borrow at least one Aussie book.
  • Bloggers will review at least one Aussie book, interview an Aussie author or have a competition with an Aussie book as the prize.
  • I hear about an agent offering rep to an Aussie author.
  • I hear about a new Aussie book deal.
  • I see Tweeters and bloggers involved in the Aussie Author Month events.
  • People give to the Aussie Author Month fundraiser: Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
 We have a small industry, but have produced some amazing writers. We should support them all year round, but let's all make an extra special effort this month to get behind Aussie authors.

So what do you think you can do to support and promote Aussie authors?

2 comments:

  1. Yea, Aussie authors! I didn't actually realise it was Aussie Author month, which is a bit sad since I'm a writer and live in Melbourne. But now that I know I'll make sure all the books I buy this month are from Aussie writers. There's a few I've been meaning to get too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an Aussie and my book WICKET SEASON has just come out!

    ReplyDelete